Monday, January 4, 2010

This Film is Not Yet Rated


Finally watched this documentary which addresses the Motion Pictures Associations of America, basically the rating system for movies. It wasn't what I expected, but it was interesting. I don't feel like it did much good besides expose who is on the viewing committee and the appeals committee, which mainly helps filmmakers. It is interesting to kind of see what they rate movies on, but they aren't really specific about it which I can see how that would be frustrating. I will say that our ratings system is not at its best but I'm not sure how or what they should do to change it; I don't think you should be allowed to put whatever you want in a movie and expect an R rating, there needs to be guidelines and criteria for filmmakers. Its hard to not limit the filmmaker but we have to draw a line between what is acceptable. This documentary is rated a NC-17 so beware of that. It isn't necessary to watch but it is a bit interesting. So there's my two cents on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment